Sunday, February 22, 2009

If it's not one thing it's another...

Hannah came home early from school on Thursday, February 12th. She had a fever and a sore throat. She went right to bed, she was so sleepy! I took her to urgent care that night. I figured with the symptoms she probably had strep throat. The doctor wrote a prescription for Amoxicillin. She stayed home from school on Friday. She was tired and had a fever most of the weekend. By Monday, she seemed to be feeling better. After we went roller skating she was exhausted, she went to bed a couple hours earlier than normal. She slept more than 12 hours. She woke up and had a little cough. By Thursday the 19th she was sent home from school with a rash that covered her entire body. At least it wasn't itchy. I made an appointment to see Hannah's pediatrician. After a 2 hour wait, the doctor ordered for her to have some blood work done and put her on Zithromax. I went over to the lab to have her blood taken, I knew it was going to be a challenge. Hannah HATES needles. I tried bribery and other techniques to get Hannah to be brave and get her blood drawn, but nothing seemed to work. The nurse said, If I couldn't get her to hold still, we would have to come back. So Richard had to take her back the next morning. Hannah tried to hide in her room and while she was in there she wrote a note to Richard. See the note below. Hannah was brave with her daddy and did the test. So he bought her a new doll and stroller set. We are still waiting for the results.
No pictures please!

Hannah with the rash all over her body
Luckily it's not contagious, it's a viral rash