March 5, 2014 I heard my phone beeping because my husband was using the find my iPhone app to try and get a hold of me to let me know that Kaleb got hurt at hockey practice and that they were at the hospital. I looked for my phone and apparently it was turned off and the first message I read was from my sister Michele asking if Kaleb was okay. I was thinking why was she asking me that. I then noticed that I had 11 missed calls from Richard. I thought why didn't Richard call the home phone and then it dawned on me that I unplugged everything from the counter because Richard was putting in a back splash for me in the kitchen. I immediately called to see what was happening. Richard filled me in on what happened during hockey practice. Kaleb was practicing drills and was knocked into the board and hurt the back of his neck and was screaming in pain. Richard took him to the hospital to have a CT scan and x-rays. He was in so much pain that they gave him morphine and put on a neck brace to stabilize his neck. I stayed at home with Hannah and checked in with Richard for updates on Kaleb. Kaleb was finally released from the hospital between 2 and 3 a.m. We were all exhausted waiting for the results. Fortunately for us the CT scan and the x-rays came back negative. He did suffer whiplash and a concussion. I wonder how many concussions can one kid have. The following day Kaleb stayed home from school and slept the entire day.
Kaleb never wants a picture taken, but after the morphine he said, "Dad lets take a selfie."
No comments:
Post a Comment