Sunday, April 25, 2010

Don't You Wish You Were Here...

I was so excited when my sister Megan invited our family to spend the weekend in Newport Beach with them. We stayed in this two bedroom villa. I absolutely love spring time, the warm weather and the anticipation for endless days of summer fun! The weather was perfect around 75 degrees with a light breeze. We had so much fun hanging out by the pool sipping icy drinks, looking at tide pools at Crystal Cove Beach, relaxing, enjoying the company and scenery. Such a wonderful vibe in the air when you're at the beach.
This is a picture of some of the quaint little houses on the beach.

This is a little house that they are going to restore, It's a little beat up.


Sunset at Crystal Cove Beach






A view from the top of the stairs we had to climb down to reach the beach. Luckily we had men with us to help carry all the goods down. We did have one mishap while climbing down, my mother fell and scraped up her elbows and bruised herself pretty good.

I just loved all the flowers around this house. So postcard perfect!



This is the place we stayed at.

Hannah, Kalena, and Lizzy in the spa

Morgan and Kaleb playing chess

The girls posing for one of the few photos where they are actually looking at the camera.
My kids do not like to take pictures.

Hannah & Lizzy made a house out of the chess figures.


The Shack (the game room at the hotel).

Kaleb & Kalena enjoying a quick game then back outside to catch some rays.


Kaleb


My sister Megan who is six months pregnant and so cute!

I hope she didn't mind, but while we were at the beach this couple was getting married, so I snapped a few photos.

Looking at the tide pools



The kids thought this was great, they even stuck their toes in the sea anemones. I hope that didn't hurt them.

Sticking his toe in them


Looking at the sea anemones




Hey look my finger is stuck

A hermit crab

Observing nature

Ouch this hurts without shoes


We even saw a starfish

My parents, Chris (Megan's husband), and the kiddos.

Kaleb is crazy, he managed to get back to shore safely

Climbing rocks

Hannah, I must have bribed or threatened her for this smile, usually she won't look at the camera.

Lizzy and Hannah playing in the sand.


The stairway down to the beach

The water was a tad bit cold

The gang


Hannah

The Baywatch babes running down the beach

Pretending to surf, the water was a bit cold and it was a little bit rocky too.


Check out the size of those rocks. Hannah had a few cuts from those.

Having a good time


Checking out the surfers

Grandma Audrey and Hannah eating sand cakes

Morgan, Kalena, and Kaleb spend hours doing this


Noah and Grandpa enjoying quiet time

Playing a game

Before we left Richard celebrated his 35th birthday!
I made a brownie/cookie dessert for him!

No comments: