My sister Megan and her two daughters, Kalena and Lizzy were in town for a couple of days so I was trying to think of something fun to do here in Bakersfield. I know it's been about 100 degrees lately, but I decided to bundle up the kids and take them ice skating. It was a challenge trying to find mittens in the summer. We probably looked kinda of silly walking outside with our jeans, sweatshirts and mittens on in the middle of summer. But we were glad to be bundled up once we were inside the ice skating rink. All the kids were able to stand up and skate within minutes. I was surprised that I could balance and keep my buns off the ice. I didn't even fall once. While we were there the manager asked to take our picture for their website. We posed and received free passes to come back again. I think we'll do that again, after my ankles heal. We decided to keep the frozen theme going and went out for ice cream after we were done ice skating.













No comments:
Post a Comment