Hannah got her hair cut and her ears pierced on Thursday, July 24th. She has been wanting to get her hair cut short for a long time. But, I wasn't ready to let go of her beautiful long blond hair. So we comprised and she got about 5 inches cut off. She wasn't to happy with the final result. She wanted to go shorter. She has also been asking to get her ears pierced for a long time too. Her friend Madison got her ears pierced and Hannah wanted them too. So, we were at Claire's in the mall and decided Hannah could get her ears pierced. The lady said the ear piercing part was free, you just have to purchase the earrings. Hannah picked out the earrings she wanted and sat down in the chair. Then she decided I should sit with her and hold her in my lap. The lady drew two purple dots where the holes would go and then she pierced the right ear. She waited a second to long to pierce the left ear and Hannah decided it hurt too much. It only took about 40 minutes to calm Hannah down to get her other ear pierced. So here's my beauty tip to you, never let a six year old say they're ready to get their ears pierced or have two people pierce their ears at the same time to avoid the drama.
Then she tells me I picked out the wrong pair of earrings. She didn't want the blue ones, she wanted the pink ones. So, she had another melt down. Drama Queen!
This is a picture of Hannah and I. I'm trying to calm her down and convince her that she will look kinda silly with only one earring. The lady that was piercing her ears was the only one in the store that day. So, She had to keep coming back to see if Hannah was ready to do the other ear. But, every time she came near, Hannah would hold her ear and start screaming! Richard was finally able to calm her down enough to get the other ear pierced. Thank Goodness!

1 comment:
Yeah! You're back. I hope your trip was good. You know I can pierce ears. You could have asked me. Too funny that she freaked out on you. I can't wait to see her hair. I cried when I had to cut Alexis' hair short cause she had already started with a pair of scrapbooking scissors when she was 4 1/2. We are still growing it out. Hannah needs to come over and play. Are you still up for next week???? Oh and there was changes to our visiting teaching route! :o(
Post a Comment