Christmas morning I was awaken by Hannah jumping on my bed, saying Mom, Santa came and he brought me a hockey stick. I didn't want to disappoint her right away, so I didn't respond. But, she found out soon enough when I told her to look closely at the name on the hockey stick, it was Kaleb's. Nothing sets the mood for a wonderful Christmas morning like the tears of your child because they didn't receive what they wanted. Can I ever win! Her list to Santa must of changed hundred times from the beginning of December to Christmas Eve. She calmed down a bit to open her pile of gifts, but hid behind the Christmas tree to open them, she was still a little ticked off at Santa because after all he should know what she wanted. Hannah asked me how come Santa ate all the cookies, but didn't see my note right next to the cookies, saying I WANT A HOCKEY STICK! Don't you just love it when your child changes their mind on Christmas Eve. Anyways, she's a girl, she should like girl stuff! Right! Later in the afternoon we went to Nelda's for dinner and then went to visit my parents.
1 comment:
Alexis does the same thing. But she never really says anything when she doesn't get exactly what she asked for. Usually I am out shopping Christmas Eve franticly trying to find that one thing. This year it was a baton. I went EVERYWHERE!!! I couldn't find one. SO I ordered one online and it got here in time for 3 Wisemen Day. Lucky me...if they didn't get it for Christmas I have a whole other week to find it and get it. Work out good.
Post a Comment