For the last three years we have been able to go to my parents home in Cedar City, Utah to celebrate New Year's Eve with family. We left Monday morning and drove to St. George, Utah to spend the night with my sister Megan. On Tuesday morning I left the kids with Richard and my brother Jeremy to go to Tai Pan. I have waited a whole year to use my gift card my husband bought me the year before. He told me to make my trip to Tai Pan snappy! Does he know how big the store is, you can't even look at the whole store in an hour. Later that day, my sister took me to her hairdresser and I got my hair cut for $10.00. That is too cheap! That night we drove to Cedar City. We enjoyed the next three days playing in the snow, sledding, having snowball fights, eating, singing with the karaoke machine, playing are you smarter than a 5th grader, polishing our nails (thanks Kenzie), and riding around in a Rhino (courtesy of Doug). We left Friday afternoon and sat in Las Vegas traffic for a couple of hours. When we arrived home, I had a pleasant surprise. The cargo bag on top of our car ripped, needless to say it was raining on our way home and my brand new luggage set my parents had bought me for Christmas was soaking wet. I was sure all the clothes inside were going to be a shade of pink since the luggage was red, but it only turned a couple of Richard's socks pink. But the clothes all had to be washed because they were soaking wet. I was so excited to unload my bags from Tai Pan, by my enthusiasm soon dwindled away when I realized a couple of plates I had purchased were chipped and a candle stick holder had broken into more pieces than I could glue back together. I realized I could still use the plates as decorative items above the cabinets in my kitchen and I used a little greenery to hide the broken pieces.
Cedar City, Utah
Megan, Me, and Kenzie
3 comments:
FUN snow pictures! I am jealous you made it to Tai Pan. Lucky Girl! We are planning on doing a girls trip this spring so you will have to come with me. Your cupboards look good.
It looks good Amanda! Richard just added a little charm to your new decoraions..
looks like you had a great new year with your family. it's fun seeing the pictures of all kids... and their kids! :)
Post a Comment