2. Extra hugs and kisses
3. The excitement in my children's eyes as I open their gifts
4. Feeling appreciated and loved
5. Secret whisperings to make sure mother's day is extra special for me
6. Flowers that Hannah picked (a few scratches and THORNS too)
7. Surprises
8.Quiet moments
9. Meals cooked by someone other then me
10. My favorite words I love you mom!
I just love Mother's day to reflect on my mother's example and renew my commitment to be an even better mother to my three most precious gifts. I just love being a mom. To me it is the most important role filled with joy and a few tears too! As a mother you just want the best for each of your children. You teach them what's right and hope and pray that it sticks. I'm not always the best with expressing how I feel, but I think my mom said it best when she wrote this poem.
A Mother's Love
A mother's love is priceless.
It's something that you cannot attempt to buy
Her love is always there for you
You cannot destroy it even if you try.
She teaches you so many things from the start
Patience, love, kindness, integrity, self-esteem
All blessings from her heart.
Mothers always there to encourage us to dream
Telling us that nothing is impossible,
Which builds-up our self esteem.
There to teach,guide,protect us just enough
So we can learn to stand up strong and tough.
A mother's constant good example,
Always teaches us right from wrong.
She marks the path that we should follow,
That lasts a lifetime long.
We are our Mother's blessings, each one.
We are our mother's legacy-
And, today, we hope she feels your love
Reflected back from you, each daughter and son.
Mother's Day Eve was spent at Pacino's Restaurant in Tehachapi with a few of my family members. It is such a blessing to have a large family and be able to gather often to celebrate and just enjoy one another.
Picture of my mom with 7 of her 35 grandchildren
My children and me on Mother's day eve
Part of the Family celebrating Mother's Day Eve
On Friday, May 6th Hannah and I were able to spend the morning together at the annual muffins with mom event.
The heart shaped toast handcrafted by Hannah for Mother's day
One of my favorite quotes...
You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be"How well have my children done?"
No comments:
Post a Comment