Here are the troops lined up waiting to get their dog tags and go to boot camp.
In this game you are blindfolded and try to walk across the grass without stepping on a water balloon (land mines) because it will explode. I really thought this game was creative and fun for the kids to play.
The line to hit the pinata
Kids blindfolded with bats always make me nervous!
I feel much better when the game is over. I don't think I've ever had a pinata at one of my kid's parties.
The mad dash for the candy
Singing Happy Birthday to Cole
Swimming
Saturday Night my sister Megan arrived with 2 of her 5 children to spend a few days with us.
On Monday we were able to spend the day at Magic Mountain with them.
I'm too cheap to let the kids play games here, but Grandma Mary spoiled them and bought them a whole bucket of rings, however there wasn't one single winner with the ring toss game.
So we decided to let them play a game where there is a guarantee winner every time. They all scored Batman capes.
The gang
Kaleb, Megan, Sophia. Me, Lizzy, and Hannah
On Thursday morning we left to go to Henderson, Nevada
Kaleb, Hannah, and Kalena are very creative and while the adults were out shopping they put together this whole movie theatre with tickets, costumes, popcorn machine, candy, and entertainment.
Part of my trip to go to visit my sister Megan in Henderson was to go to the temple and receive our own endowments. It was not only my first time going, but my sister Megan's too! It was such a wonderful and spiritual experience to be able to share together.
A picture of me right after my interview with the stake president. So extremely happy to be holding a temple recommend in my hand.
My sister Mackenzie, me, and Megan outside the Las Vegas temple before our session on Friday, April 22nd, 2011.
Megan and Me outside the temple doors
The Las Vegas Temple
When we arrived home (back to Megan's house) from the temple, we packed our bags and headed to the river for our annual spring break tradition.
Cousins Emily and Hannah splashing around in the water.
Some of the ladies (Mackenzie, Elle, Holly, Morgan, my mom, and me) relaxing on the beach and getting bit by mosquitos. We will have to remember bug spray next time.
Playing in the sand
Chillin'
Boating with grandpa
Kaleb
Noah
Megan & Sophia
Rafting
Sophia
Megan & Sophia
Mackenzie & Elle
Me, Megan, and Mackenzie
Noah is 16 and able to drive the jet ski now!
The boys and their dramatic pose.
Kaleb, Nathan, Mason, Noah, and Matty!
Easter Morning egg hunt
I decided to include the next weekend after spring break too. Hannah's school had a movie night at their school on Friday, April 29th which we were able to attend. We watched Tangled and received free ice cream treats too! It was a perfect night for those who sat in the back. I guess there are advantages to arriving late. Those who set up their chairs and blankets up front were surprised when the sprinklers came on during the movie and soaked them with water. It took a few minutes before they were able to turn them off.
On Saturday, April 30th we had the opportunity to go to the Los Angeles temple and spend the day there. Originally I was going to help watch the younger children while the parents did a session, but my friends rearranged things so I could go inside the temple. Another wonderful day! I just love my friends!
1 comment:
Sophia and Anilyn have the same swimsuits.
I have to say, I just love my friends too! :)
Post a Comment