Monday, June 13, 2011

The first week of Summer

Tuesday, May 31st- Noah had his first behind the wheel driving lesson.  I don't know why, but I  assumed some old guy would pick him up, but I was surprised when a young girl picked him up for the lesson.  I know she had to be over 25, but she looked very young. Anyway I was peeking out the window and as Noah started to drive away I noticed he was busy talking to her and not exactly looking at the road as he was going up the curb while talking.  I don't even know if he realized this because the curbs in our neighborhood gradually curve up. I was extremely nervous for the next two hours while he was out driving, but he made it back in one piece. 


Thursday, June 2nd - Last day of school for the kids and the last day of work for me! I just love SUMMER TIME!

Allison & Hannah and Matt & Kaleb playing a water balloon game

 My kids are definitely creative
They took an old skateboarding ramp and turned it into a water slide one day and a roller coaster ramp the next day. 


 The kids thought it would be fun to attach a hose to a balloon and see how much water it could hold before it exploded.


The trampoline is always a hit in the summer.
Kaleb, Hannah, Chancellor and Creighton (the neighbors)


Friday, June 3rd - Went to the park to play with friends. Hannah had a friend spend the night. Noah went to a concert.

Saturday, June 4th- Went for a jog.  I just love the new app on my phone that tracks how far I run, my pace, time, and how many calories I burn.  It's a great motivator for me. Went to a baptism for a little boy in our primary.  Then took the kids skating a Rollerama with their cousins Emily and Matty.  Went to go see a truck show, but by the time we got there, they were already done with the event. Luckily there were still  a few trucks to look at. Noah went to another concert.

Kaleb and Matty



Emily, Matty, Allison, Hannah, and Kaleb


Sunday, June 5th- Went to church
Monday, June 6th- Cleaning day! Went for a jog. Went and purchased goggles, caps, jammers, and a bathing suit for Hannah and Kaleb for swim team.

Tuesday, June 7th- Noah started on job training for his Lifeguard job. He is so excited about working and earning money. He is going to be teaching swim classes and water aerobics classes too. I'm excited for him too, but didn't really think this all the way through to realize I'll be the one taking him to and from work each day, which means we can't go too far this summer. While I was at the dentist getting a routine check up  Richard accidentally backed up into a car parked across the street. Little did I know that Hannah was texting away on my phone to her dad about the mishap and didn't even let me know what happened until I was finished. I said, "Hannah why didn't you let me know earlier." Her reply was, "I didn't want to interrupt you." Really she doesn't have a problem any other time. So I called Richard and he explained what happened and that he left a note on the car because nobody was in it and no one answered the door.  As I drove up to house I noticed the crashed car and a lady walking towards the car.  I parked my car and got out to go talk to her.  She was about to drive away, but I was able to flag her down.  She got out of her car and I explained that my husband hit her car earlier in the day. She honestly didn't even know her car had been hit.  I preceded to take the note off the windshield wiper to explain that my husband left a note.  I told her that he knocked on the door and she said she was visiting with the neighbor next to the house that he knocked on.  Oops! She was very nice and said, Thank you for telling me! I gave her my insurance information and she was able to drive away. Before the dentist appointment Hannah and I were able to go play at the new park by our house for a little bit while Kaleb played at the ice hockey rink with dad.

 Noah's new uniform
Orange shirt, blue shorts, tan hat, flip flops, and a blue whistle, which he loves to blow!

The damaged car

Wednesday, June 8th- Kaleb had scouts at the park and they launched water rockets and  played a few other water related games while Hannah and I played at the park and visited with friends.  Went for a jog around the new park near our house while the kids played on the playground.

Thursday, June 9th- Took Noah to work, actually he drove and I sat in the passenger's seat. I was a nervous wreck the whole time. I felt like my stomach was in knots and I was sweating like a pig. He did well, but I just worried the whole time. Went for a jog. Then caught a ride with my friend Angela to go to Murray Farms with a group of moms and their kiddos for a few hours. We enjoyed the petting zoo, the ant farm playground, the flower maze, hayride, and my favorite part was picking blueberries to take home. Of course we ate a few as we pick too. We enjoyed each others company while we ate lunch. We headed back into town and Angela was kind enough to pick up Noah from work on our way home from the farm. 

 Hannah and Allison at Murray Farms


 Hannah just loves this little fellow
She will mother every little person and baby

 Allison & Hannah

 The ant farm play area

 The peacock tail at the farm

 Hannah in the flower maze

 picking blueberries

 Allison, Hannah, and Hannah Judd

 Trying to find the best ones

eating them too

Friday, June 10th- Kaleb and Hannah had a dentist appointment.  No cavities! That's always wonderful news.  We looked at cars for a while... thinking about getting a car good on gas to drive these kids all around town. Then went to the mall to look around.  Had In-N-Out burger for lunch. Noah had to jump into the pool at work to rescue a little boy who couldn't swim. What a way to jump right in on your first actual day of work. Went with my Sister-in-law Holly to a girlie party where they sell different items (make-up, shoes, bows, etc.) at a discounted price. 

Noah at work


Saturday, June 11-Went to a stake mini conference for a few hours and enjoyed a class on "The Joy of Service", taught by my friend Joy.  Also attended a class on "In Style Modesty."  I had to leave a few hours early to be able to take Noah to work. I wish I could of stayed longer.  Kaleb, Hannah, and I were able to go to the dollar show and see RIO the movie.  I thought it was such a cute cartoon.  Usually I fall asleep during cartoon movies, but I actually stayed awake. That's how I rate cartoons, if I  stay awake it's must be pretty good to keep my attention and if I fall asleep then it wasn't very good, or I'm just tried. After the movie we picked up Noah from work and had ice cream from Dewar's.

Sunday, June 12th- Went to church
Tomorrow Kaleb and Hannah start swim team and Noah starts work at 5:20 a.m. I thought summer time was for sleeping in.

No comments: