Monday, June 8, 2009
Part Two
Last week I put my blue couches on Craig's list to earn a few bucks. I had a couple people call and say they wanted to come by and check it out. So I waited all day on Thursday and then one lady came around 4:00 p.m. to look at them. She drove all the way from Tehachapi to look at them. She spent about 15 minutes looking and asking me how much it would cost to clean them and then said she wanted to purchase them, but didn't bring any cash. She asked if she could give me the twenty she had in her purse and give me a check for the balance until she picked them up on Saturday and she would bring cash for the check. I said OK, reluctantly, I really didn't want to wait around another day for her to come back and pick them up. She called Saturday morning around 10 a.m. and said she was on her way that it would take about an hour and she still had to go by the U-haul place to pick up a trailer. Around noon she called back and said the U-haul place didn't have any more trailers, only one that was around $300 to rent (more than the couch was worth). She asked where Home Depot was and if they rented trailers. No Luck! Then she got lost and asked for directions to my house. I thought they were coming to get their money back, but asked if they could come by tomorrow with their van to pick up the couches. I gave them a tape measure to measure the couches and I knew they weren't going to be able to fit two couches in a van. By this time I was frustrated and I know they were too, but seriously how many trips did they plan on making. I didn't want to wait another day for someone to come by. I didn't want to keep replaying the same scenario, so my husband offered to deliver the couches to their house in Tehachapi for a fee. They agreed and we followed them. While we were driving it started to rain and there was nothing covering the couches. I was sure they were going to say never mind and I would would be stuck with two wet blue couches and no money, but they still wanted them. By the time we arrived at their home it was almost 4:00 p.m. The lady happened to live in the same neighborhood as my brother, so we stopped by and visited with him for a while and then headed over to my other brother's house. I guess it all turned out, but what a hassle. I'm not sure if it was worth it or not, but I wanted to prove to my husband I could sell the couches and they wouldn't be just sitting in the garage for months before he took them to the Goodwill or the dump. If I decide to sell anything on Craig's List again I will be sure to give specific times to come and look, so I'm not waiting around all day. I will make it more convenient for me. I will deal with people who live locally and who have the means to pick it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A few weeks ago we sold a queen bed on Craig's list and it was the time we have listed anything. WHen Luke told me some guy was coming over and inside our house I was nervous. Craig's List scares me....especially since the CL killer ---and then a more recent story about a pregnant woman who was killed by someone she met on Craig's list. SOme people LOVE it, but I guess I am more paranoid. People are so crazy. You have more patience getting rid of those couches than I would have.
But I am glad it all ended succesfully!! :)
Post a Comment